Definition of Personal Information“Personal information” therein is information relating to a living individual in the Personal Information Protection Law, and that can identify a specific individual (personal identification information). such as: name, date of birth, address, phone number, contact information,other information that can identify a specific individual by other descriptions, appearance, fingerprint, voiceprint, other code assigned on an individual basis(including personal number of Health Insurance Card)
How to collect Personal InformationOur office may collect personal information including name, date of birth, address, telephone number, e-mail address, driver’s license number when you are registered as our user on our website. Also, information on transaction records and payments made between users and our business partners (including information providers, advertisers, advertisement distribution destinations, etc..Hereinafter referred to as “Partners”) may be collected.
Purpose of Collecting and Using Personal InformationThe purposes of collecting and using personal information are as follows.
- For the provision and operation of our services
- To answer to inquiries from users (including verification of identity)
- To send e-mails about new funcitons, updates, campaigns and etc. for the service the customers are using and other services provided by our company.
- To contact users as needed for example for informing maintenance of system or important notice.
- To allow users to view, change, delete registration information and to view the usage status of the registered customers
- To charge users for paid service
- For purposes associated with the above purposes
Change of Utilization PurposeOur office will change the purpose of use of the personal information only when it is admitted reasonably that changed purpose of use is relevant to old purpose. If the purpose of use is changed, the user shall be notified of the changes by our office, and it shall be announced on this website. Article 5 Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties “Our office will not provide personal information to third parties without the prior consent of the user, except in the following cases. However, this does not apply when permitted by the Personal Information Protection Law and other laws and regulations.
- When it is necessary to protect the life, body or property of a person and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the user.
- When it is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote the development of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the user.
- When it is necessary for a national institution or a local public body or a person entrusted with it to cooperate in carrying out the affairs stipulated by laws and regulations, and obtaining the consent of user will have a risk of the performance of the affairs.
- When the following matters are announced or announced or made public in advance and our office notifies the Personal Information Protection Commission
Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, in the following cases, a person or party who receive the personal information is not considered as third parties.
- Include provision to third parties in the purpose of use
- Items of data provided to third parties
- Means or method of provision to third parties
- Stop providing personal information to third parties at the request of the user
- How to accept the request of the user
- When our office entrusts all or part of the handling of personal information to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use
- When personal information is transferred due to business succession due to merger or other reasons
- When personal information is used jointly with a specific person or party and when the user is notified of the following matters in advance or places the following matters in a state where he/she can easily know; 1) the fact that personal information is used jointly and which items of the information is used, 2) the range of people who jointly use it, 3) the purpose of use for a person or party who uses it jointly, and 4) the name of a person or party who is responsible for the management of the personal information.
Disclousure of Personal Information
- When requested by the user to disclose personal information, our office will disclose it to the user without delay. However, if the disclosure falls under any of the following, we may not disclose all or part of it, and if we decide not to disclose it, we will notify you to that effect without delay. A fee of 1,000 yen will be charged for each disclosure of personal information.・ When there is a risk of harming the life, body, property or other rights and interests of the user or third parties
- When there is a risk of significant hindrance or harm to our business
- When it violates other laws and regulations
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, in principle, we will not disclose any information except personal information such as history information and characteristic information.
Correction and Deletion of Personal Information
- If the users’ personal information held by our office is incorrect, the user can request correction, addition or deletion of the personal information according to the procedure established by our office. (hereinafter, “correction, etc.”)
- If we receive the request set forth in the preceding paragraph from the user and determine that it is necessary to respond to the request, our office shall correct the personal information, etc. without delay.
- Our office will notify the user without delay when making corrections, etc. based on the provisions of the preceding paragraph, or when decided not to make corrections, etc.
Suspension of use of Personal Information, etc.
- Our office will carry out the necessary investigation without delay when requested to suspend or delete the use of personal infomation by the user by reasons that handling personal information beyond the scope of the purpose of use or it is obtained by fraudulent means (hereinafter, “use, etc.”).
- Based on the survey results in the preceding paragraph, if we determine that it is necessary to respond to the request, we will suspend the use ,etc.of the personal information without delay.
- Our office will notify the user without delay when we suspend the use, etc. based on the provisions of the preceding paragraph, or when we decide not to suspend the use, etc.
- Notwithstanding the preceding two paragraphs, when it is difficult to suspend the use, etc., for example it costs a lot to do, we shall take necessary alternative measures to protect the rights and interests of the user if possible.
- The contents of this policy may be changed without notifying the user, unless otherwise specified in laws and regulations or this policy.
Inquiry placeFor inquiries regarding this policy, please contact the following.
Toshio Hamada, Representative of SketchBOX Design Office
December 29 2020